There is nothing more heart wrenching than watching a loved one or family member struggle with addiction. When your loved one begins to show serious symptoms of drug or alcohol addiction you can feel helpless. Finding help with a Minnesota rehab center is the first step in helping your loved one get sober and live a productive and happy life.
If you have a loved one who is showing signs of drug or alcohol addiction, call Beachway Therapy Center today. Our confidential Minnesota rehab addiction helpline is open 24/7 and our operators are always ready to help you get your loved one the help they need.
Get Started with an Intervention
When trying to get a loved one to enter a drug and alcohol treatment center, many family members can feel lost or unsure about how to get started. The best way to get someone to enter rehab is by staging an intervention. An intervention is an opportunity for family and friends of the addict to speak their minds and let the addict know how their illness has impacted others.
When hosting an intervention there are a few things to consider before going into it.
- Write everything down – An intervention is an emotional event. By writing down everything you want to say beforehand, you can make sure nothing is left out at the intervention.
- Invite close friends and family only – Entering rehab is a deeply personal decision. Your loved one will appreciate only having the most important people in their lives at the intervention.
- Hire an interventionist if needed – If you worry that the intervention may get messy or if you are unsure how to go about running it, don’t hesitate in hiring an interventionist. They do this for a living and are separated from the emotions of the event. They are able to organize and mediate the intervention without bias.
- Make the arrangements beforehand – By organizing your loved ones stay at our Minnesota rehab and having transportation to the rehab center waiting at the intervention, you are making sure your loved one understands the weight of the decision and they can make the commitment to heal while the intervention is still fresh in their mind.
Dual Diagnosis and the Holistic Approach
At Beachway, we are one of the only Minnesota drug rehabs that are equipped to treat dual diagnosis. A dual diagnosis is when another mental illness is combined with a drug or alcohol addiction. Beachway is experienced in treating the following illnesses in addiction to drug or alcohol addiction.
- Depression and anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Eating disorder
- Personality disorder
When it comes to providing treatment for these illnesses and addiction we believe in the holistic approach. By working towards healing mind, body and soul, we can ensure that relapse does not happen and our patients are fully prepared to move on from their demons and live a happy and sober life.
Our facility does not use narcotics in recovery unless absolutely necessary and our therapy methods are unique to each patient and completely customizable.
Assisting Recovery with Activities
Working on sobriety at a Minnesota rehab center is tough work. It can often be intense and emotional as well as physically draining. This is why we believe in offering our clients a wide range of therapies and activities during their stay.
In addition to group sessions and private therapy our guests are welcome to try our other therapies and activities including:
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Equine therapy
- Faith-based therapy, including prayer, bible study and meditation
- Fitness and yoga
- Pool and beach excursions
- A state of the art spa
Creating a Strong Foundation with Family Therapy
There is much to be said about how addiction can affect an entire family. From enabling, to cycles of re-enactment, the family of the patient must be open to recovery as well. At Beachway, we offer therapy sessions and support for family members. Family is encouraged to attend family sessions and ask as many questions as possible.
Our therapists are there to help you with everything you need to make sure your loved one is supported and encouraged in the best way possible.
End the Cycle Now. Call Beachway Today
If you believe a loved one is struggling with addiction, time is of the essence. Call our addiction helpline today and make sure your loved one gets the help they need. Our facility accepts all major insurance carriers and is affordable enough so everyone can receive top-notch help with their addictions.
Featured Minnesota Locations:
Call (888) 999-8401 today and speak to an expert about entering a Minnesota rehab center.