Many of the signs that point to alcohol addiction are subtle and hard to read. However, noticing these signs and getting help with effective Youngstown alcohol rehab before it’s too late is vital in preventing many associated diseases and disorders that often occur as a result of alcoholism. Some of the most common health concerns associated with alcohol abuse include:
- Liver damage, cirrhosis, hepatitis
- Increased risk of developing heart disease, cardiomyopathy, and hypertension.
- Risk of developing certain types of cancer such as larynx, liver, and esophagus.
- Increased risk of injury causing bodily harm while under the influence.
- Pancreatitis and other gastrointestinal diseases.
- Depression and anxiety.
Other social issues can stem from alcohol addiction such as reduced productivity, violence, fighting, and poor relationship skills.