Are you heading to rehab? Here are the six essentials to take to drug and alcohol rehab!
1) The first thing to bring to rehab is Expectation. Yes you must have an expectation that you are going to gain the knowledge, insights and motivation to come home a renewed person. Have an expectation that the recovery center holds the key to your successful recovery.
2) Next bring with you a renewed sense of Hope. Without Hope recovery is difficult at best. Hope for the future in all areas of your life. Recovery carries with it implicit promises for a renewal, a fresh start. Bring your Hope for happiness, joy, and freedom from the bondage of addiction.
3) Bring with you your Honest Self. Lets face it if you come prepared to put on a facade or lie about your past, present and future you may as well stay home till you are ready! Bring your Honest Self, recognize that you are heading to rehab because you are troubled, desperate and want more out of your life. If you lay it all out on the table you will win!
4) Bring your Open Mind. If you think you know it all you are in for a struggle. Stay open to change and taking steps that are challenging but successful. Your mind is like a parachute it only works when it is opened!
5) Bring your Willingness. The Willingness to change is the key ingredient in the recovery process. When you are willing to change you are willing to accept the positive possibilities that are in store for you and your life.
6) Bring your Body and your mind will follow. If you fail to show up you have no chance at making it! So feel the fear and get on the transportation that will get you to Rehab!