Who can Develop PTSD?
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America says that women are more likely to experience PTSD than men because women are at a greater risk of rape or sexual assault – a common triggering experience that causes PTSD.
While any person could experience a traumatic event that causes PTSD, certain people are at a greater risk of experiencing the symptoms. Other people who are at a greater risk of developing PTSD include the following:
- Veterans who have served in the military.
- People who have experienced homelessness.
- First responders; paramedics, police officers, and firefighters.
- Doctors and nurses.
- Survivors of natural disasters or other major catastrophes.
- Survivors of major illnesses or medical procedures.
- Individuals reeling from the unexpected and sudden death of a loved one.
Get the Help You Deserve Today
Living with PTSD and substance abuse is not the life you deserve. Get the help you need today by calling the experts at Beachway Therapy Center. Our dual diagnosis specialists can help you identify the cause of your disease and help you reach a resolution.